Writing | Selected News and Magazine Pieces
Research news releases:
- UGA study finds Saharan dust affects marine bacteria, potential pathogen Vibrio
- Chronic loneliness in older adults leads to more doctors’ office visits, UGA study finds
- UGA study finds it’s mean boys, not mean girls, who rule at school
- UGA faculty, student partner to sequence bird and crocodilian genomes
Faculty research profiles:
- Healthy conversation: Professor strives to spread health literacy – Dr. Karen Hilyard, Health Promotion and Behavior, College of Public Health
- Epidemiologist studies global diseases – Dr. Amara Ezeamama, Epidemiology, College of Public Health
- Public Health prof tackles indoor air pollution in developing countries – Dr. Luke Naeher, Environmental Health Sciences, College of Public Health
Big BIRC on Campus – Cover feature article published in Spring 2007 about UGA's Bio-Imaging Research Center for ugareasearch magazine, a publication of the UGA Office of the Vice President for Research.
UGA Health Sciences newsletter was created in Fall 2002 to share the news, upcoming events, and activities of UGA faculty and students involved in biomedical and health sciences across campus.
It was published each semester and distributed to faculty members and stakeholders until Spring 2010, when it was replaced with the BHSI website blog.
Archived copy of Spring 2010 issue.
A selection of specific pieces written for various outlets at the University of Georgia. These include:
- four recent research releases;
- two faculty research profiles;
- a cover story published in ugaresearch magazine;
- an issue of the BHSI Newsletter, UGA Health Sciences.